To allow ample time for all patients and scheduled surgical procedures, we operate primarily by appointment. Emergency cases shall always receive top priority, which is why occasional appointment delay is inevitable. Please realize that we make a sincere attempt to see each client on time.
For the safety of all animals in our care, we require that all vaccinations be up to date. Even though we make every effort to make our patients feel comfortable during visits, they may be a little uneasy about new people, new surroundings and other pets. This is one of the reasons we ask you to restrain your pet.
We require full payment at the time that services are rendered. For your convenience, we accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, Care Credit and cash. A deposit is required for major hospitalizations and surgeries.
Patient Arrival Policy
For your protection, and that of others, all dogs must be on a leash and properly controlled while in the waiting area or exam rooms.
All cats must be presented in an appropriate cat carrier or on a leash. Please check in with our front desk when you arrive. We look forward to helping you.
As a client, you have the right to:
1. To expect and receive appropriate treatment for your animal(s) as determined by our capabilities and our mission statement.
2. To be treated with consideration, respect, and compassion by all members of our staff.
3. To be informed of any illnesses your animal(s) may have, as well as treatment options available at the Hospital.
4. To be informed of the costs of evaluation and treatment and payment options available.
5. To accept or reject treatments or diagnostic tests for your animal(s). You are not required to admit your animal to the Hospital or to allow any testing or treatment that you do not approve, and you have the right to be informed of the consequences of refusal of treatment or testing.
6. To change your mind regarding any treatments or tests you previously consented, to notify us of this change prior to treatments or tests being performed, and to be informed of the consequences of your decisions.
7. To receive prompt and courteous replies to any concerns you raise regarding the quality of care or service you and your animal(s) receive here.
8. To be assured that medical and personal information is handled in a confidential manner, and to request copies of medical record information regarding your animal(s).
As a client, you are responsible for:
1. To provide all requested health information about your animal(s).
2. To read and understand any consent forms and estimates that you sign.
3. To accept the financial obligations agreed to when your animal is seen at our facility.
4. To arrive on time for each appointment OR call ahead if you are going to be late/absent.
5. To ask questions of our staff if you do not understand instructions or information they provide.
6. To observe the policies and procedures of our facility, including appointment times, cancellation policies, and payment policies.
7. To be considerate of clients whose animals are receiving care here.
8. To ensure you are not under the influence of alcohol or other substances during your time at Rimforest Animal Hospital, and are able to provide consent and make decisions.
9. To inform us immediately if you change your mind about any tests to which you previously consented.
10. To be involved in your animal(s) condition from diagnosis to treatment; to follow the instructions you received for care of your animal(s) at home.
11. To advise us if you have any concerns or are dissatisfied in any way.
12. To treat every member of our staff with respect and consideration.
13. To read and understand our Client Code of Conduct and be conscious of the consequences for disorderly conduct.
Client Code of Conduct
Rimforest Animal Hospital seeks to continually provide a welcoming and safe environment which ensures trust and respect for all people and pets.
We will not accept the following behaviors:
● Verbal abuse, malicious or harmful statements about others, profanity or disrespect
● Any form of harassment
● Refrain from discriminatory comments or actions
● Intimidation tactics and/or making threats
● Allowing your pet to intimidate or threaten a person or another pet
● Public disclosure of another’s private information
● Suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol or behavior-altering drugs
● Failure to comply with requests of our staff, including leashing/restraining your pet
In the event that your behavior is problematic, we reserve the right to discontinue services immediately. This policy is strictly enforced and non-compliance will result in corrective measures being taken, which may include being asked to leave the property and the possible involvement of law-enforcement. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!